There are a lot of things I need to change. Unfortunately, a lot of these things hinge upon other things that hinge upon other things . . . making me question: where do I start? If you’ve read this “blog” at all you’ve probably read at least one “I need to do this” or “I am going to do this” type post before. I get distracted easily. One goal replaces another until that one is also replaced. I ask for accountability and then shoo it away.
So let’s get down to this, in list form:
- Make a dent in my credit card debt. It’s gotten bad. Being unemployed (underemployed?) the last six weeks has brought this debt to levels it has never seen before. I am making my payments, but that’s about it.
- Baby steps in the meantime: Once my new job starts next week, NO MORE USING CARDS. Until January, I will continue paying minimum payments only so that I can catch-up on missed bills from my unemployment period.
- Pay at least $200 month extra on card with highest interest rate until paid off, then shift payments to next card. Should I be able to do this, I will pay off all my cards by mid-2014.
- Spend better. This will also tie-in with #3 below. Most of my “disposable” income (used VERY loosely) goes to eating out. I need to put an end to how frequent I do this. I need to look for deals. I need to start a savings account (woops). I will track my expenses again.
- Eat better. For now, until I have regular income again, this means not eating out. Once I have regular income, this will mean eating less junk.
- Exercise more. Duh. I was told I couldn’t run anymore about a year ago. I need to find a soft place to start running again, but listen to my body if I really can’t. I need to take advantage of my new workplace’s gym. Hell, even just walking more will be a plus.
- Bring back creativity. Write more, draw more, photograph more. Don’t be shy about it. Don’t let perfectionism cock block me.
- Blog at least once a week. But no crap. Dear God, please no crap. Not having a focus both helps and hinders this. I have some ideas, and those ideas also tie in with #5, so let’s do this.